Payment Posting Represenative
A multi-specialty clinic is seeking a candidate who is a dependable team-player that can multi-task and be flexible. Must be a professional individual who is a self-starter, a quick learner; possess exceptional customer service skills and friendly demeanor.
Job Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for posting related activities of a clerical, mathematical nature; posts payments, sort mail, and documents collection problems.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
1. Posts payments and adjustments exceptions from an electronic file, and ensures each batch is balanced daily.
2. Posts payment and adjustments from bank lock-box and ensures each batch is balanced daily.
3. Posts other types of payment and adjustments from collection agency, interoffice transfers, and credit card payments.
4. Reviews Explanation of Benefits to assure proper payment and adjustment has been received.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· Knowledge of insurance payment processing
· Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to operate personal computer and CRT
· Ability to maintain accuracy
· Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
Education and experience equivalent to:
High school diploma or equivalent; supplemented with one (1) year of related work experience.